Wild Woods offers young people a chance to learn, a place to chill out and somewhere to enjoy. We work with the ‘marginalised’ (those who do not have access to the full range of facilities that may be available elsewhere in the country, e.g. cinemas, youth centres, swimming pools, cafés etc.) and the “excluded” (notably those excluded from local schools, college or work).
- To provide a safe and neutral meeting point for young people
- To address issues of unemployment and associated needs
- To provide opportunities for volunteering and training
- To speak on behalf of young people and raise issues that they are facing
- To provide healthy eating and living skills
On a day by day basis, young people will learn to manage plants and the woodland. They will learn craft skills and build rustic seating. They will learn to cook and eat healthily.